Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Saying our turtle goodbyes, Tennis and Teens

We let our pet turtle, Rocky, go in the local lake today. We've had him since Christmas of 1999. He was such a sweet little guy, but he had outgrown his third tank and I wasn't investing in another one and I didn't want him to be miserable any more!!! So, we waved goodbye to him today. Of course, my youngest cried! Bless him, he's so dramatic. Bye Rocky! I hope you get to eat lots of fish and make some new turtle friends!

My oldest had her last high school tennis match of the season. She played doubles and singles. She won her singles match 8-4. I was so proud of her. =) And speaking of my oldest, she has had a boyfriend for a month now. He's a doll, good student, awesome athlete and comes from a great family. The catch is, he's two years older and he DRIVES. I've never let her ride with ANYONE under the age of 25 and I'm even picky then. And I've let her ride with him a few times now and it's so strange to think that she's growing up. And that I'm making different decisions than I've ever made before. He's still bummed that I won't let her go on dates until she's 16. They have a good six months before that! Maybe they will cherish it when it finally comes! Life is good!

Saying goodbye to a sweet pet, watching my daughter play a sport when she swore she wasn't athletic, and watching her make good decisions and really love someone for the first time! I'm so thankful for these times in my life.


1. I'm thankful for sweet welcomes from our lab, Bo Henry. 2. I'm thankful for voice mails from my nephews telling me something new! 3. I'm thankful for kisses directly on the mouth in front of everyone from my seven year old! 4. I'm thankful for the times I had watching sweet Rocky swim and wave his little front legs when I touched the aquarium glass. 5. I'm thankful for the talks that I get to have with my oldest, 15 year old daughter. I treasure her honesty, her openness and her opinions! I'm so blessed.

No comments: