Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So Blessed and Thankful


1. I'm thankful for full tummies and everyone tucked into bed. 2. I'm thankful for new magazines that are found in the mailbox each month. 3. I'm thankful for a place to call home and it's more than I thought I could have by myself. God is so good. 4. I'm thankful for this Spring weather! I love the rain, cool nights and warm days. 5. I'm thankful for lessons learned from other people's journeys. Life is complicated at times, painful, lonely, exciting, new, sad, and eventful. I'm not always excited about the hard times or the unexplained times, but I know that God's Will is perfect. And I know that nothing happens in our lives unless God allows it.

I'm in a new season. And it's not particularly fun all the time. But I know that I'm growing. I know that my God loves me and that I'm not alone. That's such good news, but I do get sad from time to time. But it's when I compare my life to someone else's or when I take my eyes off of my Lord and start wanting what this world offers. How easy I forget. I feel like an ADHD child who can't slow his brain down, when I find myself in left field reflecting on the world instead of Heaven.

I want to be superwoman, trying to be the best employee, best mama, best schedule juggler, best everything...but I how I forget that I'm supposed to be shining for God's Glory, pointing everything I am and have to Him, not me. Why do I forget that? My sin nature. Inflating self is so much easier. Lord, forgive me when I want others to see me instead of You.

We are here for such a short time. Life is but a vapor. I want to make everyday count and point to Him. Because His Mercy and His Grace saved me. Christ took on my due punishment and yours, so we could be reconciled to the Father. I pray for moment by moment transformation. I want my thoughts and motives to be pure in His Sight. I want to become less of me and more of Him. I want to be merciful and kind, generous and forgiving, and loving like He loves. I can't do any of that without allowing Him to transform me and remembering it's ALL about Him.

Be blessed!!!! =)

No comments: