Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Is dating right for me?

I've been married before. I was married for 8, almost 9 years. Being thirty and unmarried, poses the question, "will I ever marry again?" At this point in my life, I don't know the answer to that. I love the idea of being married. I love the thought of waking up to someone every morning, someone to love, some one to worship with, someone to be my leader and someone to help with the daily chores (cutting grass, taking out the trash, giving the dog a bath). If you noticed, that's the ones I don't like to do (man jobs)! But by no means, do I just want to be married to have these things.
I want to have my God's blessing, His direction, His best! I sometimes think I have messed that up by divorcing. And this causes me to have constant regret and it leaves me feeling depressed and that I will never again be happy. But maybe this shouldn't be my focus. I am wondering if I need to take some time away from love and the thoughts of marriage and just focus on "my first love". If I will focus on Him and spend time with Him, I will develop His characters, and that will be even more helpful when I'm searching for Godly character in my future husband.
I was googling the words "on my way back to Him" and I found this interesting site. It was about "why dating does not work". I have to say that it captured my attention, since I'm on my way back to Him. I want to please God with my life once again. So, I began to read this manual posted on www.passionforpurity.org.
Here the author reasons why she wrote it, "I believe that we can gain knowledge two ways, one from doing something right, or from doing it wrong then realizing the right way. Much of my knowledge in life was from doing something wrong, learning, then doing it right. Unfortunately I've "been there...done that!" This article expresses my life lessons and my little bits of wisdom that I've learned along the way."
I definitely encourage anyone and everyone that is single, or who has teenage children, or who needs a guide to help others that are single regarding dating, pre-marital sex, and post-marital dating, to read this.
I would appreciate any prayers lifted up for me regarding my dating life. You see, I have three very special treasures that depend on my wisdom through Christ to make the right decision. And the way I live my life today, is teaching my children how to live their lives tomorrow.

No comments: