Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Landy makes Student of the Week


I was so happy when Landon came home and presented me with papers that announced, "Landon Jones is Student of the Week". She is so excited, especially that it will be announced on the local radio station. She is a fifth grader and is so grown up now. I made a promise to her when she was in Third grade after constant pleadings "can I take my purse to school?" So I pulled this one out of the air, not believing it would ever get here, "you can in the Fifth grade". Boy, how can it already be time to allow her to take her purse?
On the first day of school, she proudly packed her purse (it was more important than the newly stocked backpack). I was happy for her, because she didn't ask anymore and patiently waited for her fifth school year.
I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, but I must say that I swell up with gratitude to God every time I think of her or someone says her name. She is my firstborn and she is very gifted.
She is my best friend and if I could be like anyone in the world, I would choose to be like her. So, I proudly post this little girl as my first post. God knew where I would be today and life with Landon is so sweet.

1 comment:

Amoret said...

Great story! I think is beautiful and a blessing for your daughter to be your best friend.