Sunday, December 14, 2008

My weekend - Blah!

This weekend was the first weekend that all three of my children were gone. I dreaded this weekend so bad. I also secretly hoped that something would happen and that they wouldn't have to go. No such luck!

Thankfully I had plans for the weekend. My sister and I went to Superior Grill and then to see Four Christmases. The food was delicious as usual, but the movie was a BIG disappointment. The best part of it was the first part and the last 15 minutes. Vince and Reece don't have the chemistry to work together. Also in every other seen, Reece's hair looked different. That was very annoying.

I had plans to go to my company Christmas party and then over to a co-worker's house for some more festivties, but I couldn't bring myself to go by myself. It's one of those divorce stigmas that I'm still working on. I stayed in bed most of the day on Saturday and even on Sunday. I skipped church - and I always look forward to church. But that would mean that I didn't have to walk anyone to the nursery or anyone to get to Sunday School besides me.

I'm pathetic, I know. I feel like I can't operate without my children. They are definitely a crutch and I'm not sure HOW to have fun without them. A movie and dinner with my sis was fabulous, but I can't tie her up all weekend and every time the kids are gone. She has her family and a hubby that really likes to do things together. He was sad that she went to the movies without him! So, my weekend started off great, but I let the loneliness and the single thing paralyze me the rest of the weekend.

At least Landon got one of her presents early. She got her beloved green iPod Nano that she's been asking for. Daddy really came through this year. Whewww...that's one less thing off the list for me to purchase! I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. I asked Santa for a boyfriend! Maybe he'll come through for me!

No comments: